5 Mustache Grooming Tips To Share With Your Man This Movember
With November in full swing, you may start noticing an abundance of men ditching their clean-shaven looks for warm, fuzzy beards and full-grown mustaches in honor of “Movember,” a month-long event where guys stop shaving to raise awareness for men’s health issues. To help the men in your life support a good cause, we reached out to celebrity groomer Anna Bernabe (who trims the whiskers of Michael Fassbender and Jake Gyllenhaal!) and compiled a list of the best tips and tricks for maintaining a well-groomed ‘stache all Movember long.
Mustache Grooming Tips:
1. For men with sparse facial hair, be patient. As your hair begins to grow in, it may seem patchy and incomplete. However, as the hairs become longer, the slower-growing follicles will have time to sprout their own hairs, and gradually over the course of a couple weeks the patchy gaps will eventually be hidden.
2. Trimming the facial hair around the mustache makes it stand out, but you need a trimmer that gives you ultimate control for a flawless touch up. I like to use Conair 2-Blade All-In-One Trimmer ($19 at target.) It’s the only trimmer with two stainless steel cutting blades for twice the precision and twice the cutting action.
3. Invest in a mustache comb or any fine tooth comb. It's important to comb your mustache so it looks clean and shaped.
4. Shampooing your mustache twice a week is important to remove any odor or food remnants.
5. Chapstick is an easy and inexpensive product for styling your mustache and maintaining stray hairs.
[action_no_link text="Plus, find out which grooming products you should steal from your guy."]
[wrn_button url="http://www.instyle.com/instyle/package/general/photos/0,,20689922_20720124_21368086,00.html" text="see the products" title="see the products"]